St. Jude Catholic School admits students of any sex, race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded to students in the school. St. Jude Catholic School is a parish elementary school supported by tuition and the contribution of the members of the parish.
In order to be accepted into Kindergarten, a student must be 5 (five) years of age on or before September 1 st and the priorities listed below will be followed when determining admission.
Registration Time Frame
Current Family Re-registration: Students who are enrolled for the current year may re-register for the next school year by returning the re-enrollment form sent home in mid-January. This form 8 is due the Friday before Catholic Schools Week in order to secure enrollment. A $175.00 nonrefundable family application fee is due with application.
Registration for new families begins the last Sunday of January, the start of Catholic Schools Week. A $175.00 non-refundable family application fee is due with application. Applications will be reviewed and families will be notified of their status the first week in March.
Priority for Admission
Students will be enrolled or added to a waiting list in the order of applications received based on the following criteria:
1) Current student presently enrolled
2) A sibling of an enrolled St. Jude Catholic School K-8 student
3) Students of families who are registered, supporting and active (giving of time, talent, and treasure) in St. Jude Parish. The family must be in good standing with regard to the participation, finances, and support of the parish. When the applicants are equal, the following will be taken into account: a. Longevity of the family in the St. Jude Parish; including active support b. Results of any interviews deemed necessary by the principal
4) Students of families who are registered in and supporting other Catholic parishes
5) Non-Catholic students
Conditions for Admission
1) All new students are accepted on a probationary basis. Students must meet St. Jude Catholic School academic standards and expectations.
2) A state-issued birth certificate, copy of a baptismal certificate if Roman Catholic, proof of medical exam and record of immunizations must be submitted by all new students before school begins. Additional medical/dental/vision exam requirements may apply for certain grade levels.
3) In order to be accepted into Kindergarten, a student must be 5 (five) years of age on or before September 1.
4) Students applying for our 3-year-old preschool must be 3 (three) years of age on or before September 1. Students applying for Prekindergarten must be 4 (four) years of age on or before September 1. All preschoolers must be potty trained.
1) Preschool students currently enrolled in St. Jude Catholic School do not have priority as a current family.
2) St. Jude Parish member families registering children in the 4-year old programs during Catholic Schools Week may secure placement in advance for Kindergarten by paying the non-refundable application fee for Kindergarten, as well as the non-refundable registration fee for the upcoming academic year.
St. Jude Catholic School follows the diocesan policy of a maximum of 30 students in each classroom. Consideration for additional staff members due to full enrollment will be made at the discretion of the principal and Pastor.